June 20, 2014 - Vidit
Insta Stitch for Instagram
Insta Stitch’s android app for Instagram is a roller coaster ride. It has many ups and downs. The app’s interface isn’t impressive and the fullscreen apps are annoying. But the upside is that it has one of the best and most comprehensive editing features (thanks to aviary). As soon as you launch the app, you see a big button in the middle and when you tap it, a screen with collage frames pops up. If you’re going to make a collage, choose a frame. For editing a single image, choose the first frame for single photos. When you select your photo, you’ll be taken to aviary editing which includes some of the best and easiest to use photo editing features. Then the image will be sent for squaring (if the photo isn’t square, it adds whitespace to make sure no cropping occurs while posting to Instagram. Then you can save it to your device for sharing to Instagram.
The app pushes full screen ads as soon as you try to exit.
Insta Stitch is feature rich but the UI can be a bit confusing for newbies.
- Photo squaring – post entire photos to Instagram, without the need for cropping.
- Collage – create collages from multiple photos.
- Add-ons – add stickers, text, overlays and filters to your images.
- Backgrounds – add pattern and solid colour backgrounds to your photos.
- Share – share directly to Instagram or save on device gallery.
- Editing – Full featured image editing suite (from Aviary).